August 04, 2010

"Wandering Eye Syndrome".....Ladies Check Your Men!


Have you ever been out shopping at the grocery store or enjoying your evening run and felt eyes piercing at you? Well this is very common.... men naturally have a disease called "wandering eyes syndrome" and they don't seem to feel the need to be discreet about it by any means. I don't have a problem with looking if that's your thing, but it becomes a problem when your woman is right next to you. Come on there should be some level of respect.....don't get me wrong some ladies suffer with "wandering eye syndrome" as well but, it tends to be the males that take it to another level. A lot of woman are insecure about their relationship and have a hard time standing up to their partner about the issue. On the other hand, some women genuinely don't have a problem with it and they have an understanding with their man, which is rare. I've experienced it many times from both sides, being the woman stared at and being the woman being disrespected by having my man suffer from a "staring spasm" while being out with me. On both ends of the spectrum...it's a problem. I've seen couples out together, but the man feels the need to either stare directly in your face or give you the up and down full body glance...followed by licking his lips with a sinister look. I've even had it go way out of control where someone tried to grab my hand as he walked by with his woman...WTH(What the Hell) Some men even try to go as far as trying to lose their women in the grocery store aisles just so they have an opportunity to walk by and make small talk. That's taking it to another level. It sometimes is completely uncomfortable because for me no matter how attractive the guy is, I genuinely feel bad for the woman he's with at the time. The women in these situations for some reason think that it's best to ignore it and usually choose to try to divert the attention back to them by asking their man a random question or shrugging him, to break the awkwardness. I've had a past boyfriend who had this "condition" and apparently he wasn't aware of it, so I diagnosed him lol. So, I understand how it feels to be the girl to experience that horrible "backside glance" as an attractive female brisked by in the mall or on a date and I knew that was completely unacceptable. But, once I called him out on it and he stopped; at least when I was there. I've also experienced married men of a particular culture which I won't reveal, who feel that they have the liberty to #1 disrespect their wives as well as put you into an uncomfortable position by basically flirting and even trying to pursue you while the poor wife stands there and witnesses the whole thing. Most men will put it off as being "friendly" but there is a fine line between "friendly" and "pursuing someone friendly". Regardless, as I said before we understand that men or women will occasionally look and that is fine...but ladies check your men if there putting you into a position where you feel disrespected or unhappy with them staring at other females when your around. And vice versa, men if you have ladies with "wandering eyes" and you don't like it, communicate and let them know that it is not acceptable. Sometimes, believe it or not they may not be conscious of their actions especially if they've always been that way. It's better to nip these small nuances in the butt when you can, then keeping your hurt feeling buried up and having an outburst later on. The #1 leading cure for "wandering eye syndrome" is calling your partner out on it!

1 comment: